Has it already been almost a whole month since I last posted? Ops. I'm going to try and update. Life just gets so busy and it's hard to have the energy to update everyone and keep in touch and record stuff on here and in my journal and such. SO... in order to catch up, I think I'm just gonna post some pictures, okay, a lot of pictures (And a picture is worth a thousand words, so this is like 35,000 words, more than enough to make up). I'll post two more about each of my trips, Maramures and Translyvania. That is what everyone wants anyways, so it's a win-win sort of thing. I don't have to come up with things to say, and you don't have to pretend to read them. Win-win! Poftiți!
 |
| Life-long dream that I regrettably passed up... |
 |
| Eating mici and kebabs at Beer Fest |
 |
| The beginnings of Oreo shake night tradition (a potato masher has so many uses) |
 |
| "The Grand Canyon of Romania" -LB ... there is construction everywhere like Provo! |
 |
| self-explanatory |
 |
| blinded by this gypsy's skirt |
 |
| Imagine our surprise at finding this cat staring at us halfway through trying on clothes in a store |
Finally some dancing!
 |
| Cultural Palace |
 |
| LOVE THESE GIRLS |
 |
| Edible art! |
 |
| This lady handmade cornhusk dolls that we bought and was super cool |
 |
| Our too friendly friend (he wouldn't let go of us) |
 |
| This picture was taken about 4 minutes into me holding the oven gas knob so we could make cookies... |
 |
| But we ended up making them on the stove, not too shabby though. |
 |
| CHOCOS |
 |
| Camille and me at the world record-breaking lantern lighting |
 |
| Roommates |
 |
They told me I was messing up all the pictures
|
 |
| Group dinner - we took up the whole restaurant |
 |
| Robby and Teo - two amazing people who do so much for the orphanage |
 |
Mihai's baptism! I sang a duet with another intern, Angela, and it was such a neat experience. Mihai is my favorite - he's always smiling. Too bad my picture with Mihai and me is not working :( We're buds.
Well that's all, not super exciting, but sort of an update. I will try to get both my trips' pictures and posts up by the end of this week. Love and miss you all! (22ish days left...)
|
"Dreams, that's where I have to go
ReplyDeleteTo see your beautiful
Face anymore I stare at a picture of you
And listen to the radio."
Name that song. My sentiments exactly. Except I don't remember the last time I listened to the radio. Miss you Chels! Can't wait to hear more about Romania.